Thursday, June 25, 2009

Back to Work

So I was late to work this morning - late by my standards - not really late. Maddie woke up early and decided that she wanted to cuddle with Mommy before I left for work. I'm shameless - but I can't say no to that little face. It's not been easy to come back to work, and to leave her for the day, but knowing that she's at home with my sister makes it easier. I'm happy to report that starting September 1, Maddie will go to Davidson County Community College Child Enrichment Center. Mommy had a breakdown in May about the daycare center we originally planned to send her, so we started looking all over again. We found DCCC and put her on their waiting list in May and they told us at that time it would be January before they had a slot for her. However, prayers do get answered because she has a guaranteed spot in September. Although I love this center - I mean it's really awesome - it's going to be even harder when she starts. Right now I can go home at lunch and spend 20 minutes or so loving on her and playing with her before I have to come back to work. But because of the distance, I won't be able to do that very often once she starts DCCC. But it's worth it to know that she's going to be well taken care of every day and that she is happy. I'm guessing this is the first of many sacrifices Mike and I are going to make for that little girl. It's worth it - to see that sweet smile on her face, just like being late today. I wouldn't trade those 15 minutes with her this morning for anything in the world.

Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment