Thursday, July 16, 2009

4 Months & Counting

Maddie is now 4 months old - where does the time go? In some ways I can't believe that it's already been 4 months, and in other ways, it seems like Maddie has been with us for much longer because I can't remember a time without her.

Maddie's personality is really blossoming. She is such a happy baby. She loves to smile and her smile is so contagious and full of sweetness. She likes to sit straight up now so that she has a full view of all that's around her. She loves her bath time which she spends kicking the water and splashing Mommy. You wouldn't believe how much that little girl loves to kick and splash. She loves the pool, and spending time outside. When we walk outside now, she no longer wants to sit in the infant seat in her stroller, she wants you to carry her sitting straight up so that she's part of the group and can see everything. We think that she is teething so EVERYTHING goes straight into her mouth - even Mommy and Daddy's fingers.

I'm guessing that she weighs close to 15 pounds as we have already graduated out of the Costco size 1-2 diapers into the 3's. I bet by her next Dr.'s appointment she is about 16 lbs. Needless to say, her appetite is still in full swing.

The biggest and newest bit of news is that Maddie has started rolling over on her own! Monday night when I got home, Maggie told me that she had been rolling over when she put her on her mat. So I got out the video camera and put her down on her mat. Sure enough Maddie went from laying on her back to laying on her stomach! And Maggie says that she is also rolling from her stomach onto her back, but Mommy has yet to witness this milestone just yet. Just as soon as I get my laptop back and can figure out how to upload a video to You Tube, I'll debut the video of Miss Maddie rolling over. The cutest part is once she is on her stomach she starts scooting backwards!! I'm telling you this child is advanced! : ) I can't believe how big she's getting! It's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment