Thursday, August 6, 2009

Now Accepting Applications

So, last week, shortly after the appearance of Maddie's first tooth - #2 arrived two days later. So she now has both bottom front teeth in place - and her little gums feel like they are peppered with more teeth getting ready to cut through her gums anyday now. It has to be painful because Maddie's been a little fussy lately and hasn't been sleeping through the night quite a peacefully as normal.

Apparently, our daughter would like to rush through the baby stage - straight through to toddlerhood. This past week she has started the early stages of creeping, which is the pre-cursor to crawling. She's got the army crawl thing going. BUT - don't be misled, it's still the early stages. She's creeping slowly - but it's definitely intentional not accidental. YouTube video to follow in the near future.

This past week we've been fortunate to have Nancy and Cary here with us, otherwise known as Noni and Pop. It has been wonderful. Not only are they watching Maddie, they wash clothes, do the grocery shopping, prepare lunch and dinner. Maddie is not the only person being spoiled. And I should note that before they arrived, my sister Maggie has been with us for most of the summer and she has been a major help as well. My house would be a wreck if it weren't for her cleaning efforts.

It's a lot to balance - being parents. Especially when one parent travels a lot. Poor Annie is getting a lot less attention these days. And it's about to get worse. Maddie starts daycare August 17th. Which means I'll be formally divorcing all of my household cleaning products and anything formally known as my plants outside. I'm going to have to get up at 5:00 in the morning to get Maddie to school and myself to work on time. And we won't get home in the evenings until 6:00. I love to cook but Lean Cuisine and other well known frozen products let me introduce myself. We're about to become best friends. It's going to be rough balancing everything and I'm a little bit worried about coming out of it without some liquid addiction or some crazy personality ticks. So, if you know someone who would like to be my personal assistent - send them my way. The pay is bad, no benefits, little vacation time and lots of housework to do - but room and board is included (I'm afraid if we let you leave the house, you may never come back). We're accepting applications effective immediately.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chrissy! I've enjoyed keeping up with your blog lately.

    I'm in that boat with you. I was offered a full time job today and I was just planning on part time. The pay makes it tempting, but I dont know about the schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going to sugar coat it...it's pretty exhausting in the beginning, not to mention just like anything else associated with being a mother..there is the guilt of not being able to spend "quality time" with her, much less everything else in the house...but I'm proof that it does get easier...even if you do end up with some "personality ticks"...hey and by the way that's also known as "sleep deprivation"!

    ReplyDelete