Monday, November 10, 2008

Just Sayin'

So today is Monday and I am struggling to get through the day at work, so I'm here instead - writing. We spent the weekend in Wilmington with Mike's parents and his sister Meredith and we had a lot of fun. We did a lot of shopping and ate a lot of good food. Baby M got some really cute gifts - I'll post some pics later tonight. A definite bonus - we found an awesome dresser for the nursery! Mike's parents bought it as a gift to Baby M - she is one lucky little girl. It's an antique buffet that's been repainted - but it is awesome and we love it and have every intention to use it as her dresser! Photos on that to come later as well. Sunday morning we got up early, watched the sun come up, said our goodbyes to Nanci, Cary and Meredith, took showers, packed up and took Annie for a walk on the beach. She thoroughly loved it, by the way. It was chilly but sunny, lots of people to look at and lots of new smells to sniff - she was in doggy heaven! We drove home and unpacked our car and started moving things out of the guest bedroom/office to make room for the nursery.

It was an exhausting weekend and an exhausting Sunday - I was sound asleep by 9:00 p.m. and even still - I'm paying for it today. I can't focus, I can't get into any of things that I need to be doing for work and I'm a little bit grumpy today. The kind of grumpy that doesn't want chat with co-workers about what they did over the weekend, in fact I don't really even want to be noticed today. Just keep right going past my office today. All greetings and gracious conversations to be resumed tomorrow - hopefully.

Instead, I would much prefer to keep to myself and watch the minutes change on the clock, begging and pleading that they all pass faster today or better yet, just send their friend Mr. 5 O'clock early today. But I'm not having much luck. They seem to be mocking me, taking even longer today than normal. So to amuse myself and bring some sort of sunshine into my day, I've resorted to raiding the chocolate bowl here at work. To add to my level of irritability, someone has eaten all of the Twix bars which are my favorites. No problem, I think - I'll go on to favorite chocolate ranking #2 - Snickers. All gone. Ok, #3 - Milky Way Dark Chocolate. Not one blasted bar. So I unhappily settle for a Baby Ruth and a Hershey's Extra Creamy Milk Chocolate with Toffee & Almonds. They are minis - and I am so bitter at this point that it is going to take more than one piece of chocolate to change this pregnant woman's outlook on the day. The Baby Ruth was just as I expected - blah. Just does nothing for me. It's a waste of calories. The Hershey's with toffee and almonds - totally different situation. OH.MY.SWEET.GOODNESS!! Where have you been all of my life?!? And at the very minimum - my pregnant life?!? I think that this little block of chocolate concoction must possess some illegal drug or substance that immediately takes control of your brain. It's all I can think about. How good it is, how I want more, where can I hide the remaining pieces in the candy bowl so no one else can get their grubby little hands on them. I am a tad bit obsessed and thankfully so - I was just getting ready to go postal on my fellow employees. Afterall, everyone knows that pregnant women have few indulgences in life. Chocolate is one of them. And if you are going to flaunt the availability of these indulgences out in the open - you better make sure that no one eats their favorite kind, or the runner-up or the 3rd place title holder. Today they are just really lucky that I found a contender for the top 3 slots. I'm just sayin'.

Now it's back to watching the minutes pass. More to come later.

1 comment:

  1. Your entries are the best! You have such a way with words; it's like you are right here, conversing in person.

    Can't tell you how much Barb and I enjoy keeping up with Baby M.

    Sending loads of love to Baby M and Mommy and Daddy... Thanks for sharing your beautiful journey with us.

    ReplyDelete