In two months, our baby girl will be 1 year old. I am so not kidding when I tell you that if I dwell on this notion too long I feel like I'm going to have an anxiety attack. A full fledge attack, because you know if one year can go by this quickly next year she will be 18 and she'll be enrolling in college in Alaska, where I can't get to her if she needs me. What if she gets the flu - who will make her homemade soup? And besides the fact that it is light years away, do you know how cold it is there? What if she wants to marry an eskimo? Then she'll never back home!! Her little cheeks get windburn here - she can't move to Alaska! I wish I could tell you that my irrational thought trail ends there - but there is SO. MUCH. MORE. that follows, you don't even want to know. Let's just say it pushes me over the edge and leave it at that.
I've found the best coping method is to delve deep into party planning mode. You know - the party I said I wasn't going to throw. Well it's on - because if I don't do something to divert my attention I'm going to end up even crazier and seriously, who really wants that to happen?
So after researching themes and party planning blogs, Mike and I have decided that Maddie's first birthday party will be all about the Circus! She loves animals - loves books about them, playing with stuffed animals and of course the real thing - Annie! And she loves to entertain - so it's a perfect match! The party will be held on Saturday, March 27th. We will send out invites later - but wanted to tell you now so that you can mark your calendars if you would like to join us. Plus, if you have any cool cirus party ideas - we'd love to hear them!
Come one, come all! Step right up.....(can't you just see it now)...
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment