One of my nearest and dearest friends gave birth to her first child this weekend. A son who they named Joseph. I think most of you have met her - Chris was one of my college roommates and the matron of honor in our wedding. Her husband's name is Mike and we could not be more excited for the two of them. It's such an incredible time in your life - these first few days as a family and it only gets better. Yesterday I talked to her for a few minutes and you could just here the joy in her voice. Instantly it made me think about the day that Maddie was born and holding her in my arms the first time. Looking her over a million times and soaking in all those teeny tiny parts we had waited so long to see. Smelling her tiny head - we all do that don't we? Maybe it's just me, but I still love to rub my cheek up against her sweet head and smell her tiny noggin. The whole time I was talking to Chris I was trying to put all those memories and thoughts into words - but you just can't. I couldn't find the right word, but later it came to me. It's intoxicating. The whole experience. Start to finish. And the good news is - it still is.
Congratulations Chris and Mike -welcome to the best thing that ever happened to you! You are going to love the whole ride!
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment