Saturday, January 29, 2011

So Blessed

Last weekend Maddie you brought Mommy to tears.  Not in a temper tantrum, pull my hair out sort of way - but in a super sweet - can't believe I get to be your Mommy sort of way.

Last weekend, you saw one of Mommy's friends hurting.  Only it wasn't a "boo-boo" kind of hurt.  Her heart is aching and there isn't much that we know to do to make it better kind of hurt.  We stood there with Daddy and a few others and listened as she talked.  When you saw her tears begin to fall you reached out from my arms to her and wrapped your arms around her neck. 

Before you joined our family Daddy and I spent a lot of time talking about what we hoped to impart upon you.  What I didn't realize is how much you would teach us. 

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet. Thoughts and prayers with your friends. It is amazing what the littlest souls can understand and just know what to do.

    ReplyDelete