Traditions are fun. We like them. Start them often. Banana pancakes and Jack Johnson dance marathons on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Movies and popcorn on Friday. Good times.
Mike likes to buy movies that he and Maddie can watch together. It's their thing. Enter in Pixar and all of their wonderful cartoon movie options that serve to entertain the wee and the tall. Enter in Nemo and the quest to find this small fish. Finding Nemo was the first movie Mike ever bought Maddie and the only movie that Maddie knows by name and the only movie that she currently wants to watch. Every. Single. Day. Has he bought other movies? Yes. Watched them with her? Yes. But what about other Pixar movies? Yes. Yes. And yes. Believe me we are open to suggestions on this one. What is it about that tiny little clown fish? I don't know that we will ever know what she sees in him or why she is drawn to him. But what's clear is that there will be plenty of opportunities to find out. I'm seriously not kidding about the every single day. As I type this the credits are rolling on my TV screen.
Let me stop right now - to tell you what Mike is itching to tell each and every one of you. I fast forward through the scary parts. Yes, you read that correctly. I do. I fast forward through the first part of the movie when the big bad barracuda eats all of Nemo's brothers and sisters. Yes, it's scary. Clearly you haven't seen Nemo in a long time and you are overdue for a visit at the McCormack household. In my defense, I blame my own mother (also known affectionately in our family as Tinkerbell) and every one of the G rated movies she rented for us. I can't tolerate violence on any level and my definition of scary is vastly different than anyone else I know. So there - I said it. I'm a weeny. I get it and I own it.
Back to the present day predicament.
We now have a clearly defined system of editing any future video purchases. Can we make it through the movie once? That's an easy one. Can we make it through 100 times? Slimmer selections. Can we Nemo it? Survive constant whining and begging to watch it every other day? Few movies make it through this process folks. Those of you having fun thinking about future DVDs that might land in Maddie's Christmas stocking. Let me warn you - between Mike and I we can come up with some sick payback schemes. There will be no Little Mermaids or anything remotely similiar in my household - for real.
Wondering who Momo is? Momo is Nemo - at least that was Maddie calls him. Daddy and Mommy have a few other choice words for him that will intentionally not be mentioned - at least not here.
Monday, September 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment