Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What did you do today?

Mike and I have a running joke about this pregnancy. It goes something like this - after coming home from work we go through the normal greeting process, and then he says "What did you do today?" and I say "I grew a lung. How about you?" This kind trumps any answers he has managed to come up with so far and it makes us both laugh. It's now moved into the arena of basic daily duties - if he asks me to do something and I feel like being lazy - I simply say "I don't really feel like it - I'm too tired - growing a heart today. What about you?" Again, kindof trumps any response he might have, it makes us both laugh AND I get out of unloading the dishwasher or whatever. LOVE IT!

So - in more realistic terms - I really have been busy. Baby M is now the size of an apple.



According to our weekly updates, our little one now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces - about the size of an apple. Baby M is forming taste buds, and is already sensitive to light. His or her little legs are growing longer than her arms. Sometime over the next few weeks I'll start to be able to feel the baby move, and then Mike will be able to as well.

So what did you do today? he he : )

1 comment:

  1. It will be so exciting for you once those little legs start to kick - what a wonderful feeling.

    ReplyDelete