Friday, October 10, 2008

Gummi Bears & Fanta

So I haven't really had very many cravings so far, and this one was so odd that I thought I should record it. I went grocery shopping earlier this week at the Super Wal-Mart, and I had a craving for candy - which I rarely ever eat. I turned down the candy aisle and perused the options. My eyes stopped on a family size bag of Gummi Bears, and my stomach spoke to me. I had to have them....right that second. So I did what any pregnant lady standing in Wal-Mart with a craving would do. I opened that bag and began to feast on those soft, tasty, little delights. Two aisles later, I was thirsty, so I headed to the drink cooler. Now there are limited options in the individual size drinks for a pregnant lady and even fewer that I like. I typically go for water, sprite, and the occasional root beer - in that order I might add. Only on this trip, I chose Fanta. That's right - orange soda. I have no idea when the last time I drank orange soda was and if I even liked it. But paired with the 1/4 lb. of Gummy Bears I ate that evening, Fanta was a perfect match.

Now because the bag of Gummy Bears was indeed a family size - 1.5 lbs. - I've since had the chance to share them with a few friends and they all have agreed that this particular brand of Gummy Bears is quite tasty. So, don't judge me for my indulgences else I'll be left with no other option than to give you the same dirty look I gave the cashier who checked me out that night. He eyed my opened bag of Gummis and half empty bottle of Fanta and then me. So I shot him a don't even go there look right back.

I should also note that for those of you keeping tabs on the Wal-Mart references, yes - I did it. I visited that same fateful stall just for nostalgia's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment