Thursday, October 2, 2008

HOLY BABY!!

OK - I don't have much time to post - because I'm at work and swamped! But I had to post this one! I went in to see my Dr. Pat this morning to have some bloodwork done and because I have been having this feeling of intense pressure with some pain lately. Anyway - she offered to do an ultrasound and I accepted - duh! The good news is that everything is OK! The bad news for me is that this baby IS SITTING RIGHT ON TOP OF MY BLADDER!! Which I have been saying for some time now. It makes me feel better that I'm not losing my mind!

The best part is that for about 10 minutes I got to see our baby and I am in the best mood today because of it! I'm floating on cloud nine!! The baby had their little hand up in front of their face - it looked like the baby was sucking their thumb - it just melted my heart! I saw the spine, the heart (pumping away) and the little legs kicking around - it was the coolest thing ever. All I kept thinking was "HOLY COW - there really is a baby in there!" I was sad that Mike wasn't with me - but I called him afterwards to give him the details and he was really excited too. It makes me sooo excited for our big ultrasound! I can't wait!

Ok - you can continue on with your day now. I just had to share!

P.S. I have pictures from the ultrasound today - I'll try to scan them and get them posted tonight!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! That is so awesome that you got to peek at "her" again. It is the most amazing sight. I can't wait to see the pictures tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissy and Mike...
    Your blog is addicting. I've read every post several times over. Actually, I feel as if I can now attend baby showers and have some great things to add, such as..."Have you looked into the City Mini? It can turn on a dime." I just adore reading your postings; forget the babybooks of yesteryear. Keep it coming. Lots of love...

    ReplyDelete